KitetiK (harryproa, Trevor Jack owner) hasn’t been out for a while but we had a delightful sail on Saturday.  Here’s about 50 seconds of video. We launched the 16m kite from a dinghy.  Although the wing tips were in the water for a bit and it could easily have gone pear shaped,  it launched cleanly and was very well behaved.  The kite pilot had it under control while we in the dinghy returned to the proa, got the anchor up and headed off.

We measured (apparent) wind of 2.8knots at one stage.  No doubt there was a bit more at the kite.  And it wouldn’t have stayed up through that lull if it was much longer – but it did stay up and was very easy to manage when it drifted back.

I think the highest apparent wind speed we measured was 12 knots and it was typically 8-10.  So perhaps 6-8 knots of true.  When we looked, we were often doing somewhere close to 5knots (the log unfortunately was set to record data only every 5 minutes but from that small sample there were several points around 5knots).